Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Attention New Members

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:36 PM

I have had to put restrictions in place that will allow New Members to only reply to thier own posts, this is due to some new members giving advice which could lead to the destruction of someone's computer, Remember we give this advice freely and it is your choice to follow our instructions or not, any damage done to your computer is your responsibility.

Our experts have taken their time to help the users and this is a volunteer board but I cannot allow a new member to give advice anymore so that the users that come here get the real advice they need.

Anyone wishing to further their knowledge and to become a part of this community should look into joining the classroom.

We do not allow everyone that requests to join in but you may be the next one if you qualify. (No charges or fees involved)

Tom Coyote Wilson

• DUFFFY likes this
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 04:03 PM

Would it be possible to apply this restriction to certain forums such as the Hijack and other support ones? Like new users can still post in the open or gaming forums. And the suggestion forum too. :) I don't know much about these things, so I'm just throwing the question out there. :)

#3 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 04:16 PM

I tried to allow them to reply to other areas but it will not work that way with the current software.
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#4 Guest_jsky_*

Guest_jsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:01 AM

This one I fully understand, And respect.

#5 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:46 PM

gmail has the user of the account to agree to having all email scanned, in and out, this is not acceptable to TC because TC has not agreed to that poliicy Gmail accounts will not be allowed to be used on this site, thank you for your understanding

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

#6 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 05:11 PM

I have had to put restrictions in place that will allow New Members to only reply to thier own posts, this is due to some new members giving advice which could lead to the destruction of someone's computer, Remember we give this advice freely and it is your choice to follow our instructions or not, any damage done to your computer is your responsibility.

Our experts have taken their time to help the users and this is a volunteer board but I cannot allow a new member to give advice anymore so that the users that come here get the real advice they need.

I am going to reverse this action but I will state this up front, any new member posting advice to someone else's log will have thier post deleted without notice.

There is no reason for a new member to post to someone else's hijackthis log post

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

#7 meme3160

meme3160

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 12:00 PM

Tom - I use to get good advice from texruss and you in the Dell Forum....I signed in as hockey4_mom. I have tried to post a hijackthis log in here on August 24th but got no response.......Is thsi typical when posting something in this forum?? Am I doing it right??? If not how should I post things so I can get a response?

#8 ChrisRLG

ChrisRLG

Emeritus-Spyware Fighter

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:12 PM

Tom - I use to get good advice from texruss and you in the Dell Forum....I signed in as hockey4_mom. I have tried to post a hijackthis log in here on August 24th but got no response.......Is thsi typical when posting something in this forum?? Am I doing it right??? If not how should I post things so I can get a response?

Yes it is getting typical of all the anti-malware support forums.

We currently have a week or more of delay in helping people.

Not because we wish too, just the volume of people posting with problems.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."

#9 edelweiss

edelweiss

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 08:41 AM

hi, i am a new member, but think i am lost-my name is edelweiss and i posted on august 28,2004 at 503pm and got no replies. i think i may have not done the correct things to get a reply-my title is "insidious pest-what can i do?-can you help me? thanks,edelweiss

#10 ChrisRLG

ChrisRLG

Emeritus-Spyware Fighter

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 08:52 AM

edelweiss Your post count shows 1. So no previous posts have been made to this forum before this your current one.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."